30th ANNIVERSARY SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES
- DESCRIPTION: The 30th Anniversary Scholarship Competition (the "Competition") begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on May 29, 2017, and ends at 11:59 ET on September 4, 2017 (the "Competition Period"). The Competition provides you with an opportunity to create not just a selfie, but a “future business selfie” (the "Submission"). By participating in the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Competition.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who are or will be full-time students in the Fall semester of 2017 at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada (including Quebec), and are studying any major recognized by the school as of the start of the Competition Period (“Competitors”). The Competition is void in the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The Competition is sponsored by FranNet LLC, 10302 Brookridge Village Blvd, Suite 201, Louisville, KY, 40291 (the “Sponsor”), which is not affiliated with any University. Employees and officers of the Sponsor, their respective parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Competition (the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in the Competition. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: Online entries only. First, take a photo of yourself, positioning yourself in the selfie photo to accentuate how you see yourself as future, successful business owner. Once you’ve created your Submission, submit your entry, using the hashtag #MyFutureSelfie, in one of the following four ways to enter (“Competitor”). Be sure that your post is public; otherwise it will be unable to be found or discovered for Competition.
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- ENTRY SUBMISSION CONDITIONS: Only one (1) Submission per natural person during the Competition Period. There will be only one (1) round of Submissions for this Competition. Incomplete entries, including but not limited to those Submissions that do not meet the requirements specified in these Official Rules, will not be eligible for judging. All requested information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of Submission (each, a "Competitor"). "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider or online service provider. In the event of a dispute over the ownership of an e-mail address, prize will be awarded to the Authorized Account Holder of the designated e-mail address. This Competition shall be governed by Kentucky state law. By participating in this Competition, Competitors agree that Kentucky courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Competition. Competitors are advised to retain copies of their Submissions for their records because the Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. The Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 ET on September 4, 2017, according to Sponsor’s internal time clock.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: You must submit: (1) your photograph Submission; (2) your Submission must be uploaded via the online method of entry; (3) photos must be in JPEG format only and no bigger than 2MB; (4) photos must be clear and of sufficient quality to see the subject and judge the entry; and (3) your Submission must be entirely your own work. Proof of submitting any Submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such Submission. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any Submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor.
- ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Your photo should be original and relevant to the Competition theme.
There are additional legal limits on what you can do:
- Submissions must be appropriate for a broad audience since the winning Submission may be broadcast on the web;
- Submissions should not feature any trademarks (including logos).
- No Submission may depict any nudity, animal cruelty, harmful or illegal activity or substances, or offensive, obscene subject matter as determined in our sole discretion.
- No Submission shall portray Sponsor in a negative light.
- Submissions must be original works of authorship, created by the person who submits the Submission. Competitors may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source, nor may the photograph include third-party copyrighted material without the copyright holder’s permission. By entering, you warrant that your Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights, and that you have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties to submit the Submission.
- You may not be, nor may you use in your Submission parties who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair our ability to show the Submission in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; 3) are under a merchandising agreement; or 4) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this promotion, or from allowing us to use the Submission online and in television media.
- Competitors must hold all rights to the entire Submission. Competitors must secure - and finalists will be required to submit – a written release from any actors and/or any other participant featured in the photograph to use their name and likeness under the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Any images contained in any Submission must be properly licensed, and evidence of such may be requested by Sponsor at any time during or after the Competition Submission Period. Competitors agree to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the Submissions.
- Do not use imitations of famous people or characters from books, movie or television shows, etc.
- Each Submission must be in English.
- Submission must be original and created by the Competitor, unpublished, the sole property of the Competitor, and not previously submitted in any other Competition.
- We reserve the right to exclude any Submission that we believe doesn't meet the above criteria, at our sole discretion.
- JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION: All entries will be prescreened to insure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”). At any time Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, their creator’s name online (including Sponsor’s website, social media pages, and third-party affiliate websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Selected Winner. Before public posting, Sponsor reserves the right to edit the Submissions, for formatting or other reasonable purpose, and may embed its logo or other trademarks in the Submissions. Participants understand that users of these sites may share, embed, comment on (including negatively) and re-post their Submissions. Program Parties are not responsible for such third-party activities.
There will be one (1) round of judging.
Judging: On or about September 11th, a panel of Sponsor’s qualified judges will conduct judging of all Submissions. Each submission will be judged on the following criteria:
Creativity (25 points)
Relation to Theme (25 points)
Unique Application to Theme (25 points)
Technical Competence (25 points)
The Submission with the overall highest score will be deemed the Selected Winner. In the event of a tie, the tying entries will be re-scored with double weight given to Creativity to determine a Selected Winner.
- PRIZE: If eligible under these Official Rules, one (1) Selected Winner will win $10,000 US dollars to be paid to the attending school to cover tuition and/or housing. Money will not be paid directly to the student.
Sponsor may award prizes of non-monetary value, at its discretion, to non-selected Competitors.
Selected Competitor will be notified by either email, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or Facebook at the sole discretion of Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative. Selected Competitor will be required to respond (as directed) to a notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible submissions. Selected Competitor may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Declaration") and any other documents Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative may require within 72 hours of receipt of the Declaration. Failure to timely return a signed Declaration or other required documents or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in Prize forfeiture. Federal and state income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner. All expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded, and are the responsibility of the Selected Winner. No assignment, transfer, cash redemption or substitution of Prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value should Prize become impracticable to award or unavailable for any reason.
The Prize may be awarded directly to the school, for exclusive use of tuition and/or housing. The Winner will not be entitled to any cash benefit should s/he drop out of school and all moneys will revert back to Sponsor.
- LICENSE: By entering your Submission in the Competition, Competitor hereby grants Sponsor and its successors a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license (with a right to create derivative works) to use, copy, distribute, perform, publicly perform and display your Submission, in any and all media, in whatever form, for any legal purposes whatsoever now known or hereinafter becomes known. Each Competitor irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Submission(s) submitted by him or her.
COMPETITIONANTS WILL NOT BE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Submission must be the original work of the Competitor, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Competitor and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Competitor is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of any permissions or licenses you may have received, in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Competitor at any time. By submitting a Submission, Competitor warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- DATES & DEADLINES / ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF COMPETITIONANTS: Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Competition. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Competitors who will participate in the Competition.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Competition, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between or among Sponsor and any Competitor in or Winner of the Competition, each Competitor irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Competitor's Submission, name, likeness, biographical information, and any individual(s) participating in the Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Competition or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
- NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP / WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Competitor hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Competitor and the Sponsor is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Competitor’s decision to provide the Competitor’s Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Competition does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Competitor’s Submission. Each Competitor acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the Competitor’s copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Competitor acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Competitor relating to or arising out of any Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Competition, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Competitor will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Competitor to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in any way.
- GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Competitors agree that the Sponsor and the Promotion Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Competition or any Competition-related activity. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to a Competitor’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Competition, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen Submissions or notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Competition as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition. If the Competition is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of the Official Rules can be found at https:
/ /www.frannet.com /30th-anniversary-rules /. A winners list will be posted on Sponsor’s website at www.frannet.com/selfiecontest-winners.
© 2017 FranNet, Inc. All rights reserved.